With so many beautiful islands to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide where to go and what to do. But don't worry, we've got you covered.
We'll be sharing our top recommendations for the best islands to visit and the must-see activities to add to your itinerary.
So sit back, relax, and let's explore the stunning Greek islands together.
Santorini, the Greek island that looks like it was plucked straight out of a fairy tale and one of the most Instagramable places! This is definitely a bucket list location.
The island of Santorini is an absolute dream, boasting stunning white and blue architecture, jaw-dropping sunsets, and a one-of-a-kind volcanic landscape. And don't even get us started on those beaches!
But Santorini isn't just a pretty face. This island is packed with historical sites and charming villages just begging to be explored. So, if you're ready to dive into the wonders of Santorini, here are some must-see places and things to do:
- Hike from Fira to Oia along the scenic Caldera path and visit the famous town of Oia to watch the sunset and take in the stunning views.
- Explore the ancient ruins of Akrotiri, a Minoan settlement buried by volcanic ash.
- Relax on the black sand beaches of Perissa or Kamari
- Sample local wines at one of the island's many wineries or take a cooking class to learn how to make some of Santorini's famous dishes, such as fava or tomatokeftedes.
- Treat yourself to a stay at a stunning resort like Atoles Retreat and have your own peaceful paradise with a private pool and breathtaking views, you'll never want to leave!
- Take a day trip to the nearby island of Ios, known for its beautiful beaches and nightlife scene
No matter what you choose to do, Santorini is sure to leave you with unforgettable memories.
Looking for a little secret slice of paradise in Greece? Look no further than Kefalonia!
This stunning island is a true gem and not the most well known of the islands but it defiantly should be! Heavenly crystal clear waters, lush green hillsides, and charming villages just waiting to be explored. Whether you're looking to soak up the sun on one of the island's many beaches, sample delicious Greek cuisine at a local taverna, or simply relax and take in the breathtaking scenery, Kefalonia has something for everyone.
Not to mention discovering the tranquil creatures across the island such as beautiful turtles that swim in the harbours looking for some fishy snacks and the mountain goats that line the roads!
So why not pack your bags and discover the best of Kefalonia for yourself? Trust us, you won't be disappointed!
- Visit Myrtos Beach, a famous beach in Greece and voted one of the best beaches in the world with its turquoise waters and white pebble shore.
- Take a stroll through the charming village of Assos, nestled between two hills and overlooking an idyllic bay. Why not rent a boat from the harbour with Conteco, where you can hire a private tour or if you are confident to man your own ship, rent a boat out for a few hours and discover the way around the ocean for yourself! Or for the foodies out there, dine at Nefeli-Anait for some local Mediterranean cuisine!
- Explore the Melissani Cave, a mystical underground lake with crystal-clear waters and a domed ceiling that lets in natural light.
- Take a boat trip to the neighbouring island of Ithaca, the legendary home of Homer's who wrote The Odyssey for those who love Greek history.
- Visit the Drogarati Cave, a stunning underground natural wonder with impressive stalactites and stalagmites.
Kefalonia is a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience the beauty and culture of Greece.
Paros, Greece is a stunning island located in the heart of the Cyclades. Known for its white-washed villages, enchanting sandy beaches with transparent waters.
The island can be easily accessed via plane from the International Airport of Athens or by ferry from the ports of Athens (Piraeus, Rafina and Lavrion). With its proximity to renowned islands like Mykonos, Santorini, and Naxos, Paros serves as the perfect starting point for island hopping!
- Naoussa, located on the island of Paros in Greece, is known for its traditional Greek architecture, lively restaurants and bars, and outdoor activities like exploring beaches and hiking. Naoussa offers a perfect blend of tradition and modernity, ,head to the bars and experience the town's bustling nightlife with music and dancing.
- Paros has no shortage of beautiful beaches. Some of the most popular include Golden Beach, Santa Maria Beach, and Kolymbithres Beach.
- If you love experiencing Greek culture, Parikiai is capital town of Paros, and has so much incredible history, check out the Panagia Ekatontapiliani church and the many ancient ruins.
- For those who have a love for watersports, head over to the Goldern beach and go windsurfing as it is an acclaimed windsurfing hub!
Overall, Paros is a destination that offers something for everyone. So whether you're looking for a relaxing beach vacation or an adventure-filled getaway, Paros is definitely worth a visit.
Milos is a perfect destination for nature lovers and those who seek to indulge in the Greek island culture.
The island's unique geological formations and of course, like all the Greek islands, the clearest of waters make it a popular spot for beach-goers. There are plenty of other things to see and do on the island, such as hiking to the top of Profitis Ilias, the highest mountain on the island, or visiting the stunning seaside village of Plaka.
Here is a list of places to go and things to do:
- It's a must: Sarakiniko Beach! Also known as 'moon beach' as it is famous for its unique lunar-like landscape where the white volcanic rock formations have been eroded by the sea to create a beautiful and otherworldly landscape
- Explore the Kleftiko Caves, a unique and breathtaking natural phenomenon.
- Hike to the top of Profitis Ilias Mountain for panoramic views of the island.
- No trip to Milos Island is complete without taking a boat tour around its shores. This unique experience allows you to swim in areas only reachable by boat and witness the island from a distinct perspective. Treat yourself to an all day sailing cruise that will defiantly be a highlight of your trip to Milos, you will never forget!
Another iconic bucket list location: Mykonos! Located in the Aegean Sea known for its beautiful beaches, stunning architecture, and vibrant nightlife.
It is a popular tourist destination and also a favourite among celebrities and influencers. The island is home to many white-washed buildings, windmills, and churches. The culture of Mykonos is a blend of traditional Greek and modern influences, and the island attracts visitors from all over the world.
- Visit Little Venice: A beautiful area of Mykonos where the buildings are right on the water, just like Venice, hence the name! Perfect for a romantic sunset walk.
- Explore the iconic Mykonos windmills are a must-see. Great for some stunning photo opportunities and taking in the beautiful views.
- Go to Paradise Beach. A popular beach known for its parties and lively atmosphere if you are looking to dance your dances away.
- Check out Panagia Paraportiani: A beautiful white-washed church that is a unique example of Cycladic architecture.
- Visit Delos Island: This nearby island is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to impressive ancient ruins.
- Enjoy the nightlife! Mykonos is known for its lively party scene. Check out popular clubs like Cavo Paradiso and Paradise Club.